Who isn’t a fan of Green Bean Casserole? We have it at all of our holiday get togethers. But this is not your typical green bean casserole recipe. This is Bacon Green Bean Casserole. I mean who doesn’t love bacon? If you put bacon on anything, I’ll eat it.
In my Green Bean Casserole recipe I use bacon, mushrooms and garlic. Can you say YUM?! Each bite is creamy with an added crunch. I know your mouth is watering right now. Don’t worry , mine is too.
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 2 - 12 oz. bags of whole green beans (or use canned green beans)
- 8 slices of bacon cooked
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- Salt and Peper to taste
- 2½ cups of French's Fried Onions
- Boil green beans in a pan for 5 minutes on med - high heat. Or follow instructions on green beans package.
- Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet or use any skillet, fry bacon until crispy. Once it's done, crumble bacon into little pieces.
- In a medium skillet sauté mushrooms.
- Add cloves of garlic minced.
- Cook mushrooms and garlic together for 2-3 minutes.
- In a 2.5 quart casserole dish, mix green beans, cream of mushroom condensed soup, bacon, mushroom, garlic, half and half, salt, pepper and 2 cups of fried onions.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Add remaining fried onions (1/2 cup) on top of casserole and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Seriously, once you try this recipe you will want to make it for every holiday. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.