It is probably no surprise to you by now, that ice cream is a popular thing in our house. We love ice cream! And my Cotton Candy Ice Cream has now become our new favorite flavor. Who doesn’t love cotton candy?! Every time I eat cotton candy, it brings back memories of when I was little going to the local carnival, circus and or Six Flags. It always brings a smile to my face.
It’s summer time and my sister was over with her kids for a fun day on our inflatable waterslide. I decided to surprise the kids with my homemade cotton candy ice cream. Every kid and adult devoured it! Here’s a fun tip: Add cotton candy to the inside of the ice cream cones and top with ice cream. Pure bliss!
Here is the Cotton Candy Syrup I use.
Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- 3/4 Sugar
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Cups of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Cotton Candy Syrup
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Wilton's Pink Food Coloring Gel Use a toothpick to add gel. Add until you reach your desired color
- Mix milk and sugar in bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Next add vanilla and heavy cream.
- Add cotton candy syrup (I used Motla from Amazon)
- Add pink food coloring gel (until you reach your desired color)
- Mix well
- Once mixed well, pour into ice cream maker. I use a Cuisinart Ice cream maker. (Make sure the bowl is frozen)
- The ice cream should be ready in 20 minutes
- After it's finished you can put the freezer bowl back into the freezer to give it more time to harden up.
- If you like softer ice cream, then serve immediately.
- Add to a cone or bowl.
- TIP - Fill the inside of the ice cream cone with cotton candy and top with ice cream. Kids love this!!
If you haven’t invested in an ice cream maker, I highly recommend you do. I use mine all of the time. There is just something about making homemade ice cream that you just can’t beat. Check out my other Ice Cream recipes. My Cake Batter Ice Cream and my Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream and Pumpkin Ice Cream are just as amazing! You are going to love them.