Get ready for the best Black Bean Quinoa Burger you’ve ever tasted. They’re not only delicious, but they are also healthy. And you don’t have to be a vegetarian to love this burger, trust me.
Cook the quinoa by following the instructions on the package. For the black beans, I like to use organic, no salt. Drain and rinse the black beans before pouring into a bowl. Use a fork or a potato masher to mash beans. I love using this potato masher because it belonged to my husband grandmother. Every time I use it I think of her and all the wonderful recipes she made using this very thing.
Chop or grate any type of onion. White, yellow or red. Whatever you prefer. Next add cumin, chopped onion, cooked Quinoa, breadcrumbs, egg, sea salt, and pepper with the mashed black beans and mix well. Use your hands to form patties. I usually get four patties out of mine.
Heat oil in a skillet over low to medium heat. You will want to cook the burger on low to medium heat in order to get the center cooked without burning the outer areas. Add patties to pan and cook on each side until lightly browned, about 3 – 4 minutes per side.
The Best Black Bean Quinoa Burger you’ll ever taste.
- 2 Tablespoons of Avacado Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 can of Black Beans, drained rinsed and mashed ( I use organic)
- 1/4 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs, plain
- 1 Tablespoon chopped onion (White, Yellow or Red onion)
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Quinoa by following directions on package.
- Drain and rinse black beans. Pour into medium bowl and use a potato masher to mash beans.
- Next add Cumin, onion, cooked Quinoa, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, and pepper and mix well combing all ingredients.
- Use your hands to form patties (usually I get 4 out of mine)
- Heat oil in skillet over low to medium heat. Add patties to pan and cook on each side until lightly browned, about 3 – 4 minutes per side.
Keywords: Black Bean Quinoa Burger, Veggie Burger, Healthy Dinner Recipes