Do you ever struggle with staying motivated to workout? Truth be told, I do. Believe me! It happens to all of us. And that’s ok. I thought of a few tips that might help keep you going. I use these tactics myself.
1. Keep a workout journal and challenge yourself. Maybe tell yourself that you are going to workout 3x this week and try holding yourself accountable. Write it down on your to do list.
2. Find a workout buddy. It really helps having a friend who is wanting to achieve the same goals as you. I am more likely to go to a class or to the gym if I know my friend is going and expects me to there too. Hold each other accountable.
3. Buy new workout clothes. This really helps me. I like to look cute and that helps me feel good about myself. You don’t have to spend a fortune either. Walmart, Target and Marshalls have really cute, affordable active wear. I shop at all three of these places.
4. Try something new for your workout. Maybe try a class or use a kettlebell instead of your dumbells. It’s nice to change things up every now and then.
5. Follow some motivation fitness people on Instagram. I love Instagram and I have found several fitness friends who encourage and build me up. Words of affirmation is so so important to people.
6. Check out Pinterest for daily motivational positive quotes. On my website I post one of my favorite quotes and favorite bible verses daily. Check it out.
7. Stay positive by giving yourself pep talks. That may sound silly, but I works. Say things out-loud to yourself. Like “I can do this.” A positive mind and attitude will get you farther then a negative one!
8. Watch Youtube videos for some great at home workouts. They have tons of fitness videos and they are Free.
9. Connect with a fitness group of some kind on one of the social networks. It helps reading things from other people who are trying to do the very same thing you are.
10. Don’t give up! Believe in Yourself! Just remind yourself that no one is going to do it for you. (I tell myself that all the time) You are the only one that can change You.
Here are some of my favorite motivational quotes:
Hang in there and know it takes time to reach your goals. It’s not easy, that is for sure. If you get discourage and stumble along the way, just know that Tomorrow is a new day. Start it right. 🙂