Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is a comfort food my whole family loves.
- 1 lb Breakfast pork sausage
- 4 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1- can of refrigerated Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (16.3 oz) See notes for my preference
- Sea Salt and Fresh ground Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Cut each biscuit into fourths and set aside.
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Break up sausage with a wooden spoon and cook until no longer pink.
- Sprinkle flour over cooked sausage to make a roux and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk and stir constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper. Use as much or as little as you desire.
- Continue stirring as the mixture starts to thicken. Reduce heat if necessary.
- Pour gravy into baking dish. Layer the biscuit pieces on top of gravy. Cook for 20-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- For the Pillsbury Grands Biscuits, I like Southern Homestyle or Flaky Layers Original.
- If Gravy is too thick, add a little more milk.
- If Gravy is too runny, add a little more flour.
Keywords: Biscuits and Gravy Casserole