Are you a wine lover like me? Do you prefer white wine or red wine? I recently tried a bottle of Crios Cabernet Sauvignon. After tasting it, I knew I wanted to share this bottle of wine with friends over dinner. Our friends are red wine lovers so I knew they would love it as much as I did.
Today I am sharing a recipe that goes perfect with red wine. I am sharing a Flank Steak recipe marinated in Crios Cabernet Sauvignon wine. If you know anything about red wine, you know it’s great paired with a red meat. Let me just say it was delicious.
My friends call me a wine snob and well, there is probably truth to that. I am very picky about my wine. Crisos wine met all of expectations and more. This wine is elegant, earthy and balanced. It is the perfect selection for any dinner setting or just sitting around the fire with friends.
Crios is a family-owned brand by Susana Balbo, Argentina’s leading and most innovative winemaker. Crios in Spanish means “offspring” and was created by Susana as a tribute to her son, José, and daughter, Ana. Nowadays, Susana’s children have joined the family business and add their young-adult point of view to the wines that are dedicated to their family bond.
Crios wines are harvested from specific areas in Mendoza and Salta in Argentina, where grapes are optimal for the fruit-forward style of Crios.
There is a background, a story behind each one of their wines. Each wine carries an inspirational message that also represents either a milestone in Susana’s personal and professional life or the story about how the wine was made. Cabernet Sauvignon inspirational message is Trust in yourself. I can’t tell you how much I love that!
This steak turned out so good and my friends agreed. Not to mention is was very easy to make. For this recipe I used my cast iron skillet to cook it. However, there are several ways to cook this cut of meat.
After we finished dinner we sat around the fire pit and enjoyed a glass of wine. I don’t get to do this nearly as often as I would like. So any chance I get, I take.
Make sure you add a bottle of Crios Cabernet Sauvignon for your next dinner party. Because the perfect wine can make the perfect evening.
- 1 - 1 1/2 pound Flank Steak
- 3/4 cups of Crios Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire
- 1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 - 7 sprigs of Thyme.
- Mix wine, garlic, Worcestershire, olive oil, pepper, salt and leaves from sprigs of Thyme in a small bowl.
- Place steak in a glass pan and use a fork to polk holes into steak.
- Pour wine mixture over steak and cover pan.
- Marinate steak in refrigerator overnight.
- Before cooking let steak get to room temperature.
- Next turn the burner on high heat and get your cast iron skillet nice and hot.
- Once cast iron skillet is hot add the steak.
- Turn the burner to a medium to high heat and cook steak on one side of steak for four minutes.
- Turn steak over and cook for three minutes.
- Turn steak again and cook for two additional minutes.
- Depending on how you like your steak you may need to flip the steak an additional time.
- Take steak out of pan and place on a plate. It will continue to cook, so keep that in mind.
- Cover with foil for an additional two minutes.
- Slice the meat in thin slices against the grain.
- Serve with a glass of Crios Cabernet Sauvignon wine.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter| Instagram| Periscope
Joanna @ Motherhood and Merlot says
I love a good red! Red blends are one of my favorites, but I do like a good Cab Sauv too.
That last picture of you outside, laughing, is STUNNING!:)
Amy Tinnin says
Oh Joanna I had you in mind the entire time I was drinking this. lol Wish we lived closer. Because you would have been my dinner guest. Thank you so much for the sweet and kind comment on my picture!!! I love candid shots! xoxo