This Taco Bake is delicious and healthy. It’s perfect for Keto, Paleo, gluten-free and Faster Way to Fat Loss.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning (I make homemade see recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Chile Pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (3.8 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 can refined beans
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheese
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 3 Tortilla shells, gluten-free or 100% whole wheat
- Start by browning turkey burger. After a few minutes season with taco seasoning and ancho chile pepper.
- Next add minced garlic, onion, and green bell pepper and cook until turkey burger is thoroughly cooked.
- Add salsa to skillet and mix well.
- Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray (I use avocado spray). Lay 3 tortilla shells in the bottom of the dish. You will need to cut one in half to fit.
- Spread a layer of refined beans onto tortilla shells. Next spread cooked turkey burger mixture over beans.
- Sprinkle cheese over mixture. Omit for dairy free and FWTFL.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with shredded iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cilantro.
- Dollop with refried beans and greek yogurt.
Omit dairy for FWTFL. Omit tortilla shells and beans for Keto.
Keywords: Taco Bake, Taco Casserole. Healthy Taco Casserole