Sometimes we have breakfast for dinner and tonight is one of those nights. My kids crack up when I do this, but it’s something my mom did when I was a kid. I like to make these Paleo waffles which are grain free. I used Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Pancake and Waffle Mix to make these beauties. Of course, you can also make pancakes with this mix. I make both. I also used my Belguim waffle maker. I like using my Belgium waffle maker because it creates a deeper large grid pattern which is perfect for fresh fruit. It’s also great for maple syrup if you’re not following the Paleo diet. I am not following the Paleo diet, but I like using almond flour. I also use almond milk to make these dairy free.
YUM! How delicious do these look?!
Top with fresh fruits like strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. These also are great to freeze for an easy breakfast through the week.
- 1 Cup Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- Preheat waffle maker to medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together Paleo mix, eggs, water and coconut oil.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and follow instructions on your waffle maker.