I love using my slow cooker for home cooked meals. It means less time in the kitchen and more time with my family. Ease into the morning routine with a breakfast that cooks in the slow cooker. Featuring simple recipes on the package – for everything from egg casseroles to French toast – these seasoning mixes make for warm, hearty breakfast or brunch the whole family can enjoy together. And, they’re gluten free with no artificial colors or MSG. I don’t know about you, but this makes me super happy.
Slow Cookers are the family way of putting easy and convenient meals together. The Good Morning Slow Cooker seasoning packets add fresh and rich flavor to any egg casserole or French toast.
I used McCormick Good Morning Slow Cooker Breakfast Mexican Egg Casserole seasoning. It’s the perfect blend of spices and the key ingredient to this casserole.
Start by spraying the inside of slow cooker with no-stick spray. Spread hashbrowns evenly on bottom of slow cooker. In a large bowl whisk eggs, McCormick seasoning mix and milk together. Next add cheese, onions and green peppers. Pour egg mixture on top of hashbrowns and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or until eggs are set. Seriously, it couldn’t be easier.
You can also add-in diced tomatoes, corn, beans or cooked sausage. The ideas are endless.
This Slow Cooker Mexican Breakfast Casserole will fill your house with the most amazing aroma while you enjoy more time with your family and less time in the kitchen. Add your favorite toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, salsa or fresh cilantro.
Slow Cooker Mexican Egg Casserole
- 1 package McCormick Mexican Egg Casserole Seasoning Mix
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups refrigerated or frozen hash browns
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- Spray the inside of 6-quart slow cooker with no-stick spray.
- Spread hashbrowns evenly on bottom of slow cooker.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, McCormick seasoning mix and milk together.
- Next add cheese, onions and green peppers.
- Pour egg mixture into slow cooker over hash browns.
- Cover and cook on High for 2 1/2 hours or 4 1/2 hours on Low or until eggs are set.
- Garnish with sour cream or any of your favorite toppings.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.