Today is my birthday! Hip Hip Hooray! It’s my 38th birthday so let’s have some fun. I am going to share 38 things you may or may not know about me. If you are new here, this is a great way you can get to know me better. I’ve done this the past two years and I always have so much fun doing it.
“Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.” -David Bowie
38 Things You Might Not Know About Me
- I am a selective perfectionist. Here is the definition in case you are wondering. Selective Perfectionist: The name given to a person that chooses to complete random tasks to perfection, but lacks the ability to perfect or even attempt the other necessary tasks in life. A Selective Perfectionist has the full potential to do everything “just right” but chooses to waste all of their time perfecting something else when other things require attention. Also known as procrastinating. to Yes this is me!
- I was diagnosed with Juvenile Type One diabetes 26 years ago today…on my actual birthday. So it’s sort of a bitter sweet day for me.
- I wear an insulin pump and it has made managing my diabetes so much easier.
- I am a germaphobe. I won’t drink or eat after anyone, including my kids.
- Before kids I kept my house spotless. I would stress about a dish being in the sink. Now not so much.
- I love blogging. It is something I am so passionate about! I love coming up and creating content for my readers. It keeps me up late at night and I wakes me up early. There really isn’t an off switch when you are an entrepreneur.
- I watch the Hallmark movie channel nonstop during the Fall and Winter.
- I used to live in Florida before having kids.
- I started using an electric pressure cooker before it was popular. It’s a must have for me. One of my most popular recipes is my Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. See it here.
- Staying home is my favorite thing to do. In my pajamas drinking wine of course.
- I am a routine type of person. My kids are the same way.
- I am funny about scents. I have certain scents of candles I will only burn according to the season.
- I grew up in the country on a gravel road. I rode four wheelers for fun, yet I am the most girlie girl you’ll probably ever meet.
- Sushi is my favorite food. Just talking about it right now makes me want it.
- I don’t like horror movies and I don’t allow them in my house.
- My family and I watch Full house a lot. I think it’s a comforting thing for me.
- I love wine! No surprise there if you follow me on social media.
- I started my Youtube channel before I started my blog. You can subscribe here if you love video, like me.
- Instagram is my jam. Did I really say that?! No but really it is. You can always catch a instagram story from me daily.
- I sanitize my hotel rooms before I put anything down. I wipe everything down with a sanitizer cloth and then disinfect with lysol.
- I hate camping. Which is so weird because I went camping as a kid every summer.
- When I was in elementary school I was bullied by a classmate. Bullying is something I am very sensitive about. I should write a post on this subject. I definitely have some stories I could share.
- I love storms.You know the ones with thunder and lightning.
- I don’t have any tattoos and I don’t think I will ever get one. Only because I don’t know where I would put it.
- I am a procrastinator. I seem to work best under pressure. See number 1.
- I drink kombucha every day.
- I haven’t slept a full night since having kids. I wake up at least twice during the night. Sometimes it’s because of my blood-sugar and other times I am not sure.
- I love creating healthy recipes.
- I used to be a dental assistant before becoming a stay at home mom. I worked for an oral surgeon, endodontist and orthodontist
- I don’t read fiction books. Only non-fiction or motivational for me. My brain won’t shut off long enough to relax and enjoy that sort of thing.
- I chased after my husband when we started dating. Normally it’s the other way around. You can read all about it in my Love Story post.
- I am a very detailed person. I pay attention to details.
- I thought my husband was rich when he picked me up on our first date because he had a bag phone in his car. He wasn’t though.
- I used to own online hair-bow boutique called Claire Michelle Boutique. It’s when I started in the entrepreneur world. After I had my with my third child, I had to close my shop. I had a 4 year old, 17 month old and newborn.
- I can’t tell you the last time I watched a movie all the way through. I can’t sit still for 2 hours. I always feel like there’s something else I could be getting done.
- I love hosting. Each year, I host our Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas brunch.
- The UPS, FedEx and USPS services are at my house pretty much every day. Thank you Amazon Prime!
- I truly value each and everyone of my readers! Thank you for being a part of A Cup Full of Sass!
I hope you enjoyed this post. It was fun sharing these things with you. I will admitted coming up with 38 things was a little harder than last year.
Now I am going to enjoy some wine and maybe a slice of carrot cake. It’s my birthday after all.
Happy Birthday beautiful lady!
Happy Birthday! I love reading your blogs and seeing your Instagram pictures and stories! Do you buy your kombucha? If so what is your favorite brand?
Amy Tinnin says
Hi Leah, Thank you!! 🙂 I buy my kombucha. It’s Kevita Master Brew Kombucha in the flavor raspberry lemon. I’ve also tried GT’s Kombucha in Watermelon Wonder. It’s really good too. xoxo
Dorinda A Selke says
Wishing you a beautiful birthday. Love your blog. Hugs~Dorinda
Amy Tinnin says
Thank you Dorinda! It was a great birthday! 🙂