Instant Pot Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas
Instant Pot Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast about 5
- Taco Seasoning homemade or store bought See my Homemade Taco Seasoning below.
- 2 - 10 oz. cans of enchilada sauce red
- 1 - 4 oz. can dice green chiles
- 1-2 cups of Mexican cheese.
- 1-2 cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 6 Whole wheat Tortilla carb balance I used burrito size, but use whatever you prefer. Using
- NOTE: By using Whole wheat Tortilla carb balance makes this dish low carb.
Season both sides of chicken with Taco Seasoning and place in Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker.
Pour diced green chiles over chicken.
Next, pour 1 can of the red enchilada sauce over chicken.
Set Instant Pot for ten minutes.
Once its finished turn off Instant pot and let it naturally release.
Remove chicken and shred with a fork.
Return the shredded chicken to the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of Plain Greek Yogurt. Mix well.
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray. Spread approximately 1/2 can of the enchilada sauce on bottom of casserole dish.
Layout 6 Low Balance Whole Wheat Tortilla and divide the chicken mixture evenly between them.
Sprinkle with a little bit of cheese and roll enchiladas and place in casserole dish.
Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tops of enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove and serve.
Top with remaining greek yogurt in place of sour cream if preferred.
Garnish: chopped cilantro leaves, Greek yogurt, Sour Cream, Hot Sauce, Olives