Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is a comfort food my whole family loves.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 lb Breakfast pork sausage
- 4 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1- can of refrigerated Pillsbury Grands Biscuits 16.3 oz See notes for my preference
- Sea Salt and Fresh ground Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375º.
Cut each biscuit into fourths and set aside.
Brown the sausage in a large skillet or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Break up sausage with a wooden spoon and cook until no longer pink.
Sprinkle flour over cooked sausage to make a roux and cook for 1 minute.
Gradually stir in milk and stir constantly.
Season with salt and pepper. Use as much or as little as you desire.
Continue stirring as the mixture starts to thicken. Reduce heat if necessary.
Pour gravy into baking dish. Layer the biscuit pieces on top of gravy. Cook for 20-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- For the Pillsbury Grands Biscuits, I like Southern Homestyle or Flaky Layers Original.
- If Gravy is too thick, add a little more milk.
- If Gravy is too runny, add a little more flour.