Guess what today is?! It’s my BIRTHDAY!! I thought it would be fun to share some things you might not know about me. 35 things because today I am 35!! (Birthday Dance)
35 Things about me:
- On my twelfth birthday I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. I spent a week in the hospital and learned to give insulin shots, test my blood sugars and what foods I could and could not eat. It was crazy, hard and scary. But I would not change anything about it.
- I started dating my husband at the age of 15!! Crazy right? We went to different schools though.
- I am a night owl. I do my best work late at night. It’s the only time I can think in quiet. 😉
- I am the strict parent in our house. My hubby is the fun parent. We balance each other out. 🙂
- My Faith is a big part of how I got through some of the hardest times in my life. Without Him I am nothing. Christ is my savior and redeemer. My relationship with Him is something that is big in my life.
- I am a germaphobe. I do not drink after anyone. I won’t let my kids drink after each other either.
- I only have one sister. And she is my best friend!
- I got married at 18! Eek I know. So young! And we lived in Florida at the time.
- I get my nails done every two weeks. 🙂
- I get my hair colored and cut every 3-4 weeks.
- I love to cook and bake.
- I love fresh green juice. And so do my kids. Get the recipe here.
- I have been blogging for 2 1/2 years now. You can see why I started a blog here.
- Before blogging I had a website called Claire Michelle Boutique and I made hair bows for people.
- I use essential oils for everything in our home. You can see that info in the ES oil section on the top of the page.
- Sushi is my favorite food!! Ever!
- I can still do a front and back flip (no hands) on the trampoline.
- My Grandmother is one of the most important people in my life. She taught me how to cook, and how to love unconditionally. I am a spitting image of her.
- All the books I read are nonfiction. I just read Candace Cameron Bure’s new book Dancing Through Life and I loved it. I loved it so much I gave two (new) books away during a scope on periscope. Find me on Periscope my handle is @acupfullofsass
- I am a Starbucks lover! Here is what I order: Grande Skinny Carmel Mocha latte (sometimes I get an extra shot of expresso), steamed at 130 degrees and top it off with whip cream. YUM!!
- I workout 2-3 days per week.
- We are still receiving Green Chef a food service that delivers organic meals for you to prepare in home. I wrote a post here on how it works. I also did a periscope on it. 🙂
- My favorite flower is a tulip.
- I do not have an office in my home. I blog for the dinning room table and or on the sofa.
- I love to do giveaways for my readers. I have one that will be coming up soon. 🙂
- Fall is my favorite season.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday.
- I host and cook all the family holiday dinners at our house.
- When I put my mind to something, I stick with it. Call it determination.
- I am not a camping girl. I will go glamping for a night. 🙂
- I love drinking a cold can of Sprite Zero during lunch time.
- Polka dots are my favorite dots. hehe
- Wine and Champagne is an actual food group to me.
- A Caprese Salad is my new thing.
- My favorite movie is Bridesmaids.
You may want to see my fun Birthday Interview Printable for kids here.
Now you may know me a little more about me after today’s post. Or that is what I hoped it would do.
So today I am happy to be 35 years old. I am thankful that I have lived a healthy life with type 1 diabetes for 23 years. That I carried three healthy amazing children despite my diabetes. I say that in itself is a victory! Because all I have ever really wanted, was to be a mom. I give all the Glory to Him for allowing me to do just that!
Today I will be celebrating my birthday with appreciation and gratitude for yet another year I have been blessed with.