It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at my house. Tree and decorations are up and the baking has begun. If you haven’t tried Peppermint Cookies, you don’t know what you are missing! I am so not kidding. This is my new thing this year. Anything and everything peppermint.
Not only are these cookies delicious, they also look so fun and festive too! They are the perfect Christmas cookies for for the holidays! You will definitely want to this cookie recipe to your baking list. You will thank me later!
Must Have Ingredient
The peppermint extract is the must have ingredient. It’s what gives these cookies the delicious peppermint taste.
Peppermint Crunch Chips
These little things give the cookies the perfect crunch and taste. Look for them in the baking isle.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of unsalted butter soften
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 2/3 all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup of Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar, butter, egg, peppermint extract and vanilla in bowl. Beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tarter and mix on low speed until mixed well.
- Fold in Andes peppermint crunch baking chips.
- Roll dough into medium size balls and place on baking sheet (use parchment paper or silicone baking mat) two inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on your oven. Do not over bake. Watch carefully.
- Place cookies in cooling rack and let cool.
See my Snowball Christmas cookies here.