This is a yummy easy dessert for the holidays. With company parties and friends and family parties coming up this simple dessert will certainly be a hit.
Sopapilla is actually a traditional Mexican fried pastry dessert. However, this recipe we will not be doing any type of frying at all. Just using crescent rolls, cream cheese, egg, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
2 (8 oz) cans Crescent Rolls
2 (8 0z) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup ground cinnamon and sugar
red or green sprinkles for a festive holiday look
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 13×9 dish with cooking spray. Open one of the cans of crescent rolls and unroll onto the bottom of the greased pan.
- Use a hand mixer to blend the cream cheese, vanilla, egg and 1 cup of sugar. Mix together.
- Then spread the mixture onto the rolled out crescent roll. Mix evenly.
- Next open the second crescent roll and start unrolling it while placing on top of the mixture. After it is rolled out pinch the pieces together.
- Bake in 350 degrees for 22-24 minutes or a nice golden brown.
- Last use the 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon mix and sprinkle on top. Also, add a colored sprinkles to make it more festive.