You must try my healthy blueberry zucchini banana muffin recipe. You won’t believe how moist and flavorful they are. If you like spice cake you are going to like these! Made with whole wheat flour, applesauce and light brown sugar, you are sure to feel guilt free when eating one. And don’t forget to make the homemade cream cheese frosting! It’s a must!
Photos taken by Ashley Michele Photography
Blueberry Zucchini Banana Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp Allspice _______________________________________________________________________________
- Wet Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- Fold in Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 2 Cups grated Zucchini
- Cream Cheese Frosting Igredients:
- 1 package of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients together
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Mix with hand mixer. (Mixture will seem dry until zucchini is added)
- Gently fold in grated zucchini and fresh blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups almost to the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Because each oven is different, muffin times could vary.
- Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions:
- Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar together.
- Spread on muffins and enjoy!