I am so excited to share this salad recipe with you. I make often and I eat on it through the week. This Black Bean and Couscous Salad is the perfect summer recipe.
Couscous is not technically a grain. The combination of semolina wheat and water make this more like a pasta. Couscous takes only five minutes to prepare and works well as a side dish in place of rice, pasta or potatoes. Or make it into a salad as I did in this recipe. Tell me this doesn’t look delicious?!
This recipe would also be great on a whole wheat tortilla shell. It’s both filling and delicious. Not to mention it’s super easy and fast to make. You could also replace the couscous with quinoa.
Black Beans & Corn
Use organic black beans and organic corn to make it super healthy. This recipe would also be great on a whole wheat tortilla shell. It’s both filling and delicious. Not to mention it’s super easy and fast to make. You could also replace the couscous with quinoa.
I love using fresh garden vegetables in my recipes. If you have a garden use your cherry tomatoes and spinach from it. They are the best!
I love adding avocados to this dish for a healthy fat. I add this last. You can also leave this ingredient out if you aren’t an Avacado fan.
Black Beans and Couscous Salad
- 1 cup of Couscous uncooked Whole Wheat
- 1 can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 can of Corn drained
- 1 cup of fresh Spinach chopped
- 1/3 cup of fresh Lime squeezed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In large sauce pan, combine 1 cup water, pinch of salt and bring to boil. Add 1 cup of Couscous. Remove from heat and cover with lid for let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Mix lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper together. Set aside
- Combine corn, black beans, spinach and tomatoes in bowl.
- Add liquid mixture.
- Add couscous and diced avocado.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
You may also like this recipe: