I had an opportunity to make a dish that is a healthier version of nachos. This is called Festive Nachos and the recipe is adapted from freshthyme.com This recipe tastes amazing and clean. I used all organic ingredients I purchased from Fresh Thyme Farmers Market. I also did a cooking segment on KMOV Great Day St. Louis. You can see the full video below.
This dish uses organic black beans, mango and avocado. Can you say yum?! Seriously, this is so good. Feel free to add shredded chicken or lean ground hamburger or turkey burger. This recipe is so easy and your guest will love it!
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp 45 mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp 10 mL mustard
- 1 Tbsp 15 mL apple juice concentrate
- Black pepper chipotle powder, and salt to taste
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 mango chopped
- 1/4 cup 60 mL red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups 500 mL cooked black beans
- 1 – 16 oz 450 g package whole grain baked tortilla chips
- Cilantro for garnish
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, apple juice concentrate, black pepper, chipotle powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, toss the avocado, red bell pepper, mango, onion, and beans with the dressing. Place tortilla chips on serving plate and top them with bean mixture. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
- Each serving contains: 209 calories; 6 g protein; 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat, 0 g trans fat); 34 g carbohydrates; 5 g fibre; 127 mg sodium
Here are some behind the scenes photos from the cooking segment on KMOV Great Day St. Louis. 😉
Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter| Instagram| Periscope
You did a great job. I will have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Amy Tinnin says
Oh thank you Susan!! That means so much to me! This recipe has become one of my favorites! 🙂