GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, PALEO AND FASTER WAY TO FAT LOSS FRIENDLY HEALTHY PUMPKIN BREAD
This healthy pumpkin bread is made with ingredients that are better for you than the traditional pumpkin bread.
I made my traditional pumpkin bread recipe as well as this healthy pumpkin bread recipe. My family tasted both versions without knowing which was which. There was only a slight different in the taste. Luckily my family enjoyed both recipes.
I make my own oat flour by blending up Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats. I used the brand Bob’s Red Mill. Using oat flour is much healthier than white flour. See how to make your own below.
Using coconut oil in place of other oils and even butter makes this recipe healthier. Coconut oil is a good healthy fat and I use it in all of my recipes.
Dark Chocolate Chips
Adding dark chocolate chips is optional, however I highly recommend doing so. It really add some yummy sweetness to this recipe. Dark chocolate has healthy fats and is filled with antioxidants.
I like to use coconut milk instead of 2% and or even almond milk. It just my preference, but feel free to use any kind.
Pure Maple Syrup
I use Pure Maple Syrup to sweeten the bread. This is great natural sweetener. Maple syrup has fewer calories than other sweeteners such as agave, and sugar. You could also sub for honey too.
How to make your own Oat Flour
This is really easy to do. Just place your oat flour in a food processor or blender. Pulse the oats until they reach a powder like consistency, much like flour. After you blend your oat flour then measure out for the ingredients.
Don’t over-bake your bread. The Pumpkin bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. All ovens cooks differently, so keep an eye on the bread.
You make like my Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip recipe. You can find it here.
Nutrition info is approximate. I try my best to provide the nutritional info to better help you.
Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- 1.5 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven 350°F
- Spay pan with non-stick spray. I used a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Whisk dry ingredients and spices together in a large bowl.
- Add pumpkin puree, milk, eggs, vanilla white to a large-size bowl, Mix thoroughly with hand mixer.
- Then add wet ingredients into the large bowl with flour mixture. Use mixer to mix all ingredients together.
- Pour mixed batter into pan.
- I added my dark chocolate chips at the end because of the decorative loaf pan I was using. You can fold in the chocolate chips if you are using a traditional loaf pan before adding to the pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until done.
- Insert a toothpick in the center and when it comes out clean, loaf is finished.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and loosen the sides on the pan.
- Turn over onto a cooling rack to cool for an additional 10 minutes
- Add to platter and serve.