Homemade Pumpkin Butter is so easy to make you’ll wonder why you ever bought it from the store. I love filling my house with the smells of cinnamon, pumpkin, and apples. Last weekend I made a batch of my Homemade Paleo Apple Butter and I couldn’t stop there. This Pumpkin Butter was ready in only 20 minutes. This fall favorite can be spread it on toast, biscuits, waffles or add it to your oatmeal.
Tips & Ideas
- Make sure you purchase Pumpkin Puree, not Pumpkin Filling.
- You will want to use a large pot or a dutch oven because of the splattering that can occur.
- Using Coconut sugar and Maple Syrup makes this recipe a healthier alternative.
- Spread on pancakes, waffles, a biscuit or toast.
- Add pumpkin butter to oatmeal or in a cake or cookie mixture for a delicious pumpkin taste.
- This makes a wonderful gift for family, friends teachers and or neighbors.
- Print my Free Pumpkin Gift Tags on a piece of card-stock and add it to a cute bag.
Note: Use sugar-free Apple Juice for Paleo and FWTFL friendly.Print
Homemade Pumpkin Butter is so easy to make you’ll wonder why you ever bought it from the store. Spread this on toast, biscuits, waffles or add it to your oatmeal.
- 2 – 15 oz. cans of Pumpkin Puree or 1 – 29 oz. can
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 cup Apple Juice
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 of a lemon, squeezed
- Add all ingredients to a dutch oven or large deep pot and mix well.
- Bring to a medium heat then reduce heat to a low simmer and cook uncovered for approximately 20 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Serve on a biscuit, roll or slice of toast.
- Let cool before storing in an airtight container or jar. Keep in refrigerator.
Use sugar-free apple juice for Paleo & FWTFL friendly.
Keywords: Pumpkin Butter