Homemade Pumpkin Butter is so easy to make you’ll wonder why you ever bought it from the store. I love filling my house with the smells of cinnamon, pumpkin, and apples. Last weekend I made a batch of my Homemade Paleo Apple Butter and I couldn’t stop there. This Pumpkin Butter was ready in only 20 minutes. This fall favorite can be spread it on toast, biscuits, waffles or add it to your oatmeal.
Tips & Ideas
- Make sure you purchase Pumpkin Puree, not Pumpkin Filling.
- You will want to use a large pot or a dutch oven because of the splattering that can occur.
- Using Coconut sugar and Maple Syrup makes this recipe a healthier alternative.
- Spread on pancakes, waffles, a biscuit or toast.
- Add pumpkin butter to oatmeal or in a cake or cookie mixture for a delicious pumpkin taste.
- This makes a wonderful gift for family, friends teachers and or neighbors.
- Print my Free Pumpkin Gift Tags on a piece of card-stock and add it to a cute bag.
Note: Use sugar-free Apple Juice for Paleo and FWTFL friendly.
Homemade Pumpkin Butter
- 2 - 15 oz. cans of Pumpkin Puree or 1 - 29 oz. can
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 cup Apple Juice
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 of a lemon squeezed
- Add all ingredients to a dutch oven or large deep pot and mix well.
- Bring to a medium heat then reduce heat to a low simmer and cook uncovered for approximately 20 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Serve on a biscuit, roll or slice of toast.
- Let cool before storing in an airtight container or jar. Keep in refrigerator.