I have the best Homemade Apple Butter Recipe on the blog already, but I decided I wanted to make a Low Sugar, Paleo-friendly and FWTFL Friendly version. So that’s exactly what I did. My family loved it! They didn’t even notice I changed anything. It really does tastes just as good as my original recipe, but with less sugar. I’ll let you be the judge though. Try both versions and let me know what you think.
This recipe is so easy to make. There’s no need to peel the apples. The skin is the healthiest part of the apple anyway. Chop apples into cubes leaving the skin on and let the slow-cooker do the rest. Your house will smell amazing.
These make great gifts for Friends, Family, Teachers and or neighbors. I have Free Apple Butter Tag you can download it and add to your jar.
Paleo Apple Butter
- 3 lb. bag of Apples. I used Gala but any will do. Remove cores from apples and dice into 1" cubed. (Leave the skins on the apples)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Chop apples leaving the skin on and add to slow-cooker.
- In a small bowl add coconut sugar cinnamon, ground cloves, salt, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract. and mix well.
- Add mixture over the diced apples in the slow-cooker.
- Mix well.
- Cover with lid and let cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Let apple butter cool then puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Once the apple butter is smooth, store in a mason jar or an airtight jar and store in the refrigerator. You can even freeze it for two months.
- Or serve immediately on a roll, biscuit or a slice of toast. Or add it to a bowl of oatmeal.