This Low Carb Egg Casserole is a healthy recipe that I now make weekly. It’s Faster Way To Fat Loss, Paleo and Keto friendly too. If you aren’t familiar with the Faster Way To Fat Loss program you can read my full post here. This low carb egg casserole is an easy dish to make on your meal prep day. I make it on a Sunday and eat it through the week on my low carb days. I add mushrooms, onions, spinach, red and green peppers. These are I also use turkey sausage links from Applegate. If you want to leave out the turkey sausage that’s not a problem. However, it really adds a delicious flavor. If you are doing keto, you can always add cheese.
Low Carb Egg Casserole
- 1 Tablespoon of Avocado oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 4 eggs organic
- 1/3 cup of liquid egg whites equivalent to two eggs
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms. diced
- 6 turkey sausage links I use the Applegate Turkey Sausage
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk Unsweetened Original
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook turkey sausage links and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and saute garlic, onion, mushrooms red and green bell peppers. Saute for about two minutes.
- Next, add spinach and cook until spinach starts to wilt.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites in medium bowl. Add almond milk, and season with salt, and pepper.
- Chop cooked turkey sausage into bite-sized pieces and add to egg mixture.
- Add cooked vegetables to egg mixture. Mix well.
- Pour mixtures into baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
How many servings does this make?
Amy Tinnin says
This should serve about 8 people depending on the sizes.