This is one of our all-time favorite pasta recipes. It is so similar to the one from Pasta House. I am not kidding. Both creamy and flavorful. Yum! Not to mention it’s so easy to make. This makes a huge pot, so make sure you invite the company over to share. Or be prepared to have leftovers for days. You can also cut the recipe in half. I like making this on a Sunday evening for dinner because it makes great leftovers for the week. dinner. Remember it makes a lot.
Pasta Con Broccoli
- 2 – 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 stick of real butter
- 2 cups of parmesan cheese
- 1 bag of frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 box medium shell noodles
- 1 large 32oz half & half
- 1 pound of fresh mushrooms or a little less
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop mushrooms into small pieces.
- Warm 1 stick of butter in a pan on low heat
- Add mushrooms and saute until soft
- Add tomato sauce, half & half and parmesan cheese to the pot of buttered mushrooms and mix well.
- Add garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Boil noodles in a separate large pot.
- Drain water and return pasta back to large pot.
- Run hot water over the bag of frozen broccoli to defrost.
- Chop broccoli into smaller pieces if need be then add to the large pot with cooked pasta.
- Add your homemade sauce mixture to the cooked pasta.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cook on low until warm
- Remove from heat and let stand for 15 – 20 minutes (sauce will thicken)