This is one of our all-time favorite pasta recipes. It is so similar to the one from Pasta House. I am not kidding. Both creamy and flavorful. Yum! Not to mention it’s so easy to make. This makes a huge pot, so make sure you invite the company over to share. Or be prepared to have leftovers for days. You can also cut the recipe in half. I like making this on a Sunday evening for dinner because it makes great leftovers for the week. dinner. Remember it makes a lot.
Pasta Con Broccoli
- 2 – 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 stick of real butter
- 2 cups of parmesan cheese
- 1 bag of frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 box medium shell noodles
- 1 large 32oz half & half
- 1 pound of fresh mushrooms or a little less
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Chop mushrooms into small pieces.
- Warm 1 stick of butter in a pan on low heat
- Add mushrooms and saute until soft
- Add tomato sauce, half & half and parmesan cheese to the pot of buttered mushrooms and mix well.
- Add garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Boil noodles in a separate large pot.
- Drain water and return pasta back to large pot.
- Run hot water over the bag of frozen broccoli to defrost.
- Chop broccoli into smaller pieces if need be then add to the large pot with cooked pasta.
- Add your homemade sauce mixture to the cooked pasta.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Cook on low until warm
- Remove from heat and let stand for 15 – 20 minutes (sauce will thicken)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
OMG that DOES look easy! And delish! Will you please make me some! Ha! I see a girls night at your house in my future…
Oh.. I’ll bring the wine. 😉
Amy Tinnin says
umm Yes super easy and delicious! I think dinner and wine sounds perfect! Consider it done. 😉
Pure Grace Farms says
This pasta dish looks great. I love the mushrooms, one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing your fabulous recipe with us this week at Foodie Fridays. Hope to see you again this week. I’m sure you’ll be cooking up something delicious!
Amy Tinnin says
Thank you Shari!! I really appreciate you stopping by! 🙂