After playing in the leaves outside on a fall day, come inside for a sweet pumpkin treat. Even though the temperature outside is cooler, ice cream is still a favorite in our house. I love eveything pumpkin so I knew I had to come up with a pumpkin ice cream recipe to make in my ice cream maker.
Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of ginger
- 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg
- Mix together milk and brown sugar using a hand mixer until sugar is dissolved.
- Next stir in pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Last stir in heavy cream. Use hand mixer again to mix all ingredients together (about 5-10 seconds).
- Turn ice cream machine on and pour mixture in the freezer bowl.
- Let mix in Ice Cream maker for approximately 20-25 minutes. Or until thicken. I am using a Cuisinart 21 Ice Cream Maker which makes 1 1/2 quarts.
- Once ice cream is finished put freezer bowl back into the freezer so the ice cream can harden.
- If you like softer ice cream then serve immediately.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon and enjoy!
If you haven’t invested in an ice cream maker, I highly recommend you do. I use mine all of the time. There is just something about making homemade ice cream that you just can’t beat. This is the one I have.