I created something new and I am loving it. It is a turkey panini sandwich with blueberries, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and spinach leaves. My husband was a bit skeptical at first. He though turkey and blueberries should not go together. But he was pleasantly surprised on just how tasty it was. Give it a try. You never know, it may be a new favorite of yours. Here is what you do.
- Two slices of 100% whole wheat bread
- Thin slices of mesquite turkey breast (deli)
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Low fat cream cheese
- Shredded mozzarella
- Panini maker
- Butter one side of each bread slices.
- Spread cream cheese on the other sides.
- Lay one of the slices of bread butter side down on panini maker.
- Add blueberries on top of the cream cheese side.
- Layer spinach leaves, mozzarella cheese and turkey slices.
- Lay the second slice of bread cream cheese side down.
- Cook on panini maker until golden brown.