This Low Carb Keto Pizza Casserole is of my favorites on my Low carb day. We love pizza night at our house. This is my way of getting to enjoy pizza while still eating healthy. Even my kids like it. It’s even Paleo, FWTFL friendly (omit cheese).
The best part about this recipe is you can add any of your favorite toppings. I used mushrooms, onions, green peppers, Italian sausage, turkey pepperoni, and fresh mozzarella. I highly recommend using fresh mozzarella. The large mozzarella slices really help with keeping the pizza easy to serve since there isn’t any crust in this recipe.
Low Carb Keto Pizza Casserole
- 1/2 Tbsp. avacado oil or olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- Pizza Sauce no sugar added
- 1/2 tsp. Oregano seasoning
- Dash of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup fresh diced mushrooms
- 20 Turkey Pepperoni make 4 rows
- 8 oz. Fresh Mozzarella sliced. (make 3 rows)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet add Avocado oil on medium heat.
- Add sausage and onion and cook until brown. Drain and use a paper towel to wipe out skillet.
- Return cooked sausage and onion mixture to skillet and add pizza sauce salt, pepper, and oregano. Mix well.
- Spray 13x9" casserole dish with non-stick spray and add sausage mix.
- Dice green pepper and mushrooms and add to casserole dish.
- Lay 4 rows of Turkey Pepperoni.
- Top with 3 rows of the fresh mozzarella slices.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes to set up.