This Pear and Fig Flatbread makes the perfect appetizer or dinner idea. This recipe is great for a dinner party or a get together with friends. It displays gorgeously and is always a hit with my guest. The colors in this dish remind me of Fall so that is when I love to make it.
For this recipe, I used Naan bread. It comes in two sizes. The smaller size is perfect for single servings. I used a fresh Bosc Pear and fig spread. If fresh figs are in season I like to add those as well. Sometimes Figs are hard to find so the fig spread really makes up for it. I also like to add fresh spinach leaves to give a little color. The toasted pecans and goat cheese top it off. It’s delicious. If you are having a party serve on individual cutting boards. It makes a great presentation.
How gorgeous does this look?! Like I always say, the presentation is everything.
This Pear and Fig Flatbread makes a great appetizer for your next dinner party or get together.
- 2 small flatbreads (Naan or homemade)
- 1 pear ripe, but firm sliced thin (I used a Bosc Pear)
- A thin layer of fig spread
- 1/4 cup chopped Pecans
- A handful of fresh spinach leaves
- Goat Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Toast walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2- 3 minutes.
- Place the flatbread on a cookie sheet covered in foil or a silicon mat.
- Spread a thin layer of fig spread over flatbread.
- Add fresh spinach leaves over the fig spread.
- Next, arrange pear slices. Use as many slices as you desire.
- Add toasted pecans and sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Bake it for about 6-8 minutes or until warm.
Keywords: Pear Fig Flatbread, Pear Flatbread, Naan bread