It’s no surprise to anyone who knows me, I am a salad lover. Most of the time I don’t even use salad dressing. I know I know, weird right? My new favorite salad is my Kale and Quinoa Salad. It’s the best! I eat this multiple times a week. Because I am in love for roasted Brussel Sprouts and Chickpeas, I had to add it a salad. If you haven’t tried brussels sprouts you don’t know what you’re missing. I tried them for the first time this year. I can’t believe I waited this long to try them. If you aren’t a fan of some of the ingredients I added, just leave them out.
Salads don’t have to be boring. Quinoa, Kale, Dried Cranberries, Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas makes this salad delicious!
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- Dried Cranberries (sprinkle on top of salad)
- 5-7 Brussels Sprouts
- 14 oz. can of Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- 1/2 cup Pecan Halves
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
- Avacado Oil
- Bring 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of Quinoa to a boil, in a medium pot. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and rinse with cold water. Add Quinoa back into the pan and set aside.
- While the Quinoa is cooking Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut Brussels sprouts in half and add Brussels to baking sheet. Drizzle with ½-tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes, or until tender with a fork.
- Open, drain, and rinse chickpeas. Pat dry with a paper towel. Heat 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chickpeas to hot pan. Cook 4 minutes. Next season with salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Place pecans on a baking sheet and drizzle with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toast in oven 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add a small amount of Quinoa to the salad bowl, next add kale, then add more quinoa. Add the desired amount of Chickpeas on salad. Next, add roasted Brussels sprouts. Top with a handful of roasted pecans and dried cranberries.
- You can choose any dressing for the salad. I chose a vinaigrette dressing. Sometimes I skip the dressing.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: Healthy Recipes