Who isn’t a fan of Green Bean Casserole? We have it at all of our holiday get togethers. This is not your typical green bean casserole recipe. This is Bacon Green Bean Casserole. I mean who doesn’t love bacon? If you put bacon on anything, I’ll eat it.
In my Green Bean Casserole recipe, I use bacon, mushrooms, and garlic. Can you say YUM?! Each bite is creamy with an added crunch. I know your mouth is watering right now. Don’t worry, mine is too.
This Bacon Green Bean Casserole is perfect for Thanksgiving.
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom condensed soup
- 2 – 12 oz. bags of whole green beans (or use canned green beans)
- 8 slices of bacon cooked
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- Salt and Peper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups of French’s Fried Onions
- Boil green beans in a pan for 5 minutes on med – high heat. Or follow instructions on green beans package.
- Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet or use any skillet, fry bacon until crispy. Once it’s done, crumble bacon into little pieces.
- In a medium skillet sauté mushrooms.
- Add cloves of garlic minced.
- Cook mushrooms and garlic together for 2-3 minutes.
- In a 2.5-quart casserole dish, mix green beans, cream of mushroom condensed soup, bacon, mushroom, garlic, whipping cream, salt, pepper and 2 cups of fried onions.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Add remaining fried onions (1/2 cup) on top of casserole and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Seriously, once you try this recipe you will want to make it for every holiday. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.