It is probably no surprise to you by now, that ice cream is a popular thing in our house. We love ice cream! And my Cotton Candy Ice Cream has now become our new favorite flavor. Who doesn’t love cotton candy?! Every time I eat cotton candy, it brings back memories of when I was little going to the local carnival, circus and or Six Flags. It always brings a smile to my face.
It’s summertime and my sister was over with her kids for a fun day on our inflatable waterslide. I decided to surprise the kids with my homemade cotton candy ice cream. Every kid and adult devoured it!
If you don’t own an ice cream maker I highly invest in getting one. We love making out own ice cream. It’s also a great way to create family memories.
Here is the Cotton Candy Syrup I use.
Here’s a fun tip: Add cotton candy to the inside of the ice cream cones and top with ice cream. Pure bliss!
Cotton Candy Ice Cream
- 3/4 White Sugar
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Cups of Heavy whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Cotton Candy Syrup
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Wilton's Pink Food Coloring Gel Use a toothpick to add gel. Add until you reach your desired color
- Mix milk and sugar in bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Next add vanilla and heavy cream.
- Add cotton candy syrup (I used Motla from Amazon)
- Add pink food coloring gel (until you reach your desired color)
- Mix well
- Once mixed well, pour into ice cream maker. I use a Cuisinart Ice cream maker. (Make sure the bowl is frozen)
- The ice cream should be ready in 20 minutes
- After it's finished you can put the freezer bowl back into the freezer to give it more time to harden up.
- If you like softer ice cream, then serve immediately.
- Add to a cone or bowl.
- TIP - Fill the inside of the ice cream cone with cotton candy and top with ice cream. Kids love this!!