This Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast recipe is one you will be so glad you tried! It’s a fun twist on your typical french toast.
I started a tradition years ago to host a Christmas brunch instead of a Christmas dinner and serve these amazing things. With Thanksgiving and Christmas so close together, I wanted to do something different and this recipe has become a hit with everyone in my family.
But trust me when I say you can make these any time. It’s not just for the holidays.
Texas Toast is a thick toast that you need for this recipe. You can find it at any grocery store.
My whole family loves it and we look forward to it every year. I do recommend using an electric griddle so you can make more than one at a time. This is the one I use.
Top with Fruit
Top it with fresh or frozen strawberries. Use the juice from the frozen strawberries in place of syrup. If you prefer fresh strawberries, you can use strawberry syrup. Top with whipped cream and you are set.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Frozen Strawberries
- Strawberry Syrup
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream
Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- 1 loaf of Texas Toast
- 1 package of Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 can of Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
- An additional 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1/3 cup white sugar, vanilla until a you have a spreading consistency.
- Spread a thick layer of cream cheese filling on one side of Texas Toast.
- In a small bowl mix egg, evaporated milk, granulated sugar and cinnamon together.
- Form a sandwich with cream cheese filling in the middle.
- Melt butter on a griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Dip both sides of Texas Toast in egg mixture.
- Cook each side until golden brown.
- Top with strawberries, syrup and whipped cream.
Leave a Reply