This low carb cauliflower chicken fried rice recipe taste like your traditional chicken fried rice except this is a healthy version. Low carb, gluten-free and good for you. If you’ve never tried cauliflower rice, you are missing out. Or maybe you have tried it and it wasn’t great. You must try my recipe. My kids think it’s rice from the Chinese restaurant.
For this cauliflower chicken fried rice recipe, I used a frozen bag of Cauliflower Medley Riced Veggies. I love that it has green peas, onions, carrots and green onions already in it. I sometimes add a little of my own chopped onion and garlic to this recipe, this is optional of course. Trader Joe’s also had a great Cauliflower Rice. I recently talked about it in my favorite Trader Joe’s Healthy Food items. You can also use any bag of frozen cauliflower rice or make your own. This just saves a little time and no mess is involved.
Now for the sauce, I used Liquid Aminos. This stuff is a gluten-free healthier alternative to soy sauce. This salt-free seasoning sauce is made from soy and water. If you are doing the Whole 30 use coconut aminos.
How’s this for easy? Trust me, you are going to love this low carb healthy dish! It’s perfect to make for meal prepping too so you can eat through the week. After you taste this recipe you won’t be ordering Chinese take-out anymore.
This Low Carb Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice is healthy and delicious.
- 1 package of frozen Cauliflower medley (12 oz)
- 1 Tablespoon Avacado oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 Liquid Amino
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites (1/3 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked (6 oz)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add garlic and chopped onions. Saute for 3 minutes or so.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and egg whites together. Season with a dash of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Spray a separate skillet with noncook spray (avocado) and heat. Add egg mixture and cook creating scrambled eggs. Set aside.
- Add the bag of Cauliflower mix to skillet with the sauteed garlic and onion.Cook for 2 minutes and then add liquid aminos, scrambled eggs and cooked chicken breast pieces. Mix well and continue to cook for an additional 3 – 5 minutes, or until cauliflower is cooked thoroughly.
If you leave out the chicken you will only need to use 1/8 cup of Amino.
Keywords: Low Carb Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice, Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice, Healthy dinner, Healthy recipes