Instead of a Christmas Wreath for my front door I decided I wanted a Christmas Door Swag. So I decided to make my own instead of buying one. I tend to do that sort of thing from time to time. I like making things. 😉 Besides I had everything I needed.
I ended up using some leftover tree trimmings from our real Christmas tree. Hello to Free. 😉
Here is what you will need.
- leftover tree trimmings or faux
- floral wire
- wire cutter
- red berries
- plaid ribbon to make bow
- hot glue gun
- Use the floral wire to wrap around the top of the branches. Warp several times around to secure the branches well.
- Form a loop out of the wire or use a rope of decorative trim so the swag to be hung on the door.
- Make a bow out of the plaid ribbon and hot glued it over the wire. Or buy a bow already made.
- Hot glue the berries and pinecones on the branches.
And now you have a decorative Christmas Swag for your front door.
I can’t even tell you how in love I am with this swag!! And the fact that I made it means even more to me! There are so many different was you can create your own Christmas Swag. You can see my full Front Porch Decor here. I hope this has inspired you to get your craft on. 😉