We redid our guest bathroom a couple years ago. We painted, had ceramic tile laid and replaced the vanity. What a difference this made! It was a New room. However, I was still needing to tweak a few things. Here is part 1 of my guest bathroom makeover. Painting wall stripes.
I wanted to add the color white in with the already existing tans. I thought adding white stripes to the wall would help pull the color in with the rest of the bathroom. So here is what I did.
- Start by measuring the wall from top to bottom and decide how wide you want your stripes.
- Because I had a short wall I did 8″ stripes.
- Use a yard stick to draw your line with a pencil.
- Tape the lines with Frog Tape. Trust me get this kind of tape.
- Put pieces of tape on the wall area you Do Not want to be painted. This was so helpful!
- Use a roller brush to paint the stripes.
- Remove the tape after each stripe is painted. It will be wet. Do not let the paint dry before removing the tape. I felt this helped get the perfect stripe. (Just my opinion)
That is it. I Love it! I really felt this added to the room. What do you think? I can’t wait to share part 2 of the guest bathroom makeover. Stay tuned.